- New! Results for the December Singles tournament have been posted. See below and on the Results page..
- New! The members list is updated as of December 20th.
- New! Points earned by everyone thru the December tourney are found on the Points Listings page..
- Newish! The photos from the October tournament can be seen above and on the Photos page.
- Note: The Match Point Brochure and "How to Join" info sheet are updated as of Jan 20th, 2016 are available for download in PDF format. Use them for yourself or to help a friend learn about the benefits and mechanics of joining up!
- Note: The points leaders table in the sidebar has been removed pending a decision as to how to handle the A+/A divisions. The full points list is still available on the Points Listing page.
- Note: Definitions of the skill levels for the 4 divisions can be found here.
Please Note: If you aren't getting expected email from Match Point, check your spam folder. If it's in there, you should be able to tell your email client it's not spam. In Outlook, right-click on the email and select "Add sender to safe senders list" from the Junk E-mail sub-menu. In AOL or Netscape, select the email and click on the "Not spam" button.
- You must be a MatchPoint member to play in our tournaments See " How to Join" for the procedure and more information about the club.
- All tournaments are played at Phoenix Tennis Center, 6330 N. 21st Ave. Phoenix, Arizona 85015 (602) 249-3712
- To enter a tournament, do one of the following:
- Click here to pay your entry fees securely online using PayPal or your credit card. The information you fill in the PayPal form is your entry, and will be sent to Gale automatically.
- US Mail or E-mail: Click the link in the tourney description to see the form, fill it in, and print or send it using the links in the form.
- Phone: Call Gale Kristof at 602.973.1135 (please try to use one of the above methods if you can to reduce the number of calls)
Link to full available tournament schedule
January 2017 CYOP Mixed Doubles tournament
When: Saturday Jan 28, 2017 to Sunday Jan 29, 2017. Matches will be played in the daytime.
Entry Deadline: Saturday Jan 21, 2017
Entry fee: $20
Click here to access the Email/mail-in entry form for the January CYOP tournament.
March 2017 CYOP Doubles tournament
When: Saturday Mar 4, 2017 to Sunday Mar 5, 2017. Matches will be played in the daytime.
Entry Deadline: Saturday Feb 25, 2017
Entry fee: $20
Click here to access the Email/mail-in entry form for the March CYOP tournament.
DECEMBER 10 & 11 SINGLES, 2016
Final: Mike Harmon (1) def. Ronson Taylor (3) 6-1, 6-4
Consolation Final: Eddie Maddux def. Eric Lyding 6-7, 6-1, 1-0
Final: Dennis Lysenka (3) def. Joel Robison (1) 3-6, 3-2, retired
Consolation Final: Mike Reichle def. Thai Nguyen 6-0, 6-2
Round Robin Play:
First: Aleksandra Buha
Second: Jodi Jarrell
Final: George Tahtouh def. Peter Tan (3) 6-3, 6-1
Consolation Final: Michael Robert def. Chris Sierra 6-4, 4-6, 10-8
Final: Andrea Niederkorn (2) def. Tracy Bateman (1) 6-3, 6-3
Consolation Final: Angela Abbott won by injury retirement
Final: Yaman Negi def. Obi E. 6-0, 6-0
Consolation Final: Don Van Hofwegen def. Ed Bedrosian 6-2, 6-2
Final: Maddie Liseblad (3) def. Joan Vogel (4) 6-2, 6-1
Consolation Final: June Mullender def. Julia Fitsimones (2) 7-5, 7-5
To get a copy of: Friend At Court - The USTA Handbook of Tennis Rules and Regulations: click this link
Board Members (April 2016 to March 2017)Click here to open/close the list of board members
- Jade LeWin
- Gale Kristof
- Operations (Scheduling, Tournaments, Roster, Ranking...)
- Marrisa Francisco
- Vanessa Bennett
- Marge Threewit
- Jack Romanowicz
- Web Master
- Dick Sheldon
- Awards & Trophies
- John Denboer
- A+ Men's Representative
- Patty Medinger
- A+ Women's Representative
- Jack Bruso
- A Men Representative
- Natalie Berquist
- A Women Representative
- Michael Mcdonald
- B Men Representative
- Christine Revolinski
- B Women Representative
- Lydell Francisco
- C Men Representative
- Kerry Loudenslagel
- C Women Representative
- New! The board member list below has been updated. Check out the vacancies & see if you'd like to volunteer. The obligations are not very onerous.