- New! The draws for the Aug 19 Mixed Doubles Tournament can be found in the sidebar
- New! The members list is updated as of August 4th.
- New! Points earned by everyone thru the July tourney are found on the Points Listings page.
- New! The July results can be seen below, and downloaded from the Results page.
- New! The photos from the July tournament can be seen above and on the Photos page.
- Still need a volunteer! There's one more vacancy on the Board -- Social Chairman.
- Note: The Match Point Brochure and "How to Join" info sheet are updated as of Jan 20th, 2016 are available for download in PDF format. Use them for yourself or to help a friend learn about the benefits and mechanics of joining up!
- Note: The points leaders table in the sidebar has been removed pending a decision as to how to handle the A+/A divisions. The full points list is still available on the Points Listing page.
- Note: Definitions of the skill levels for the 4 divisions can be found here.
Please Note: If you aren't getting expected email from Match Point, check your spam folder. If it's in there, you should be able to tell your email client it's not spam. In Outlook, right-click on the email and select "Add sender to safe senders list" from the Junk E-mail sub-menu. In AOL or Netscape, select the email and click on the "Not spam" button.
- You must be a MatchPoint member to play in our tournaments See " How to Join" for the procedure and more information about the club.
- All tournaments are played at Phoenix Tennis Center, 6330 N. 21st Ave. Phoenix, Arizona 85015 (602) 249-3712
- To enter a tournament, do one of the following:
- Click here to pay your entry fees securely online using PayPal or your credit card. The information you fill in the PayPal form is your entry, and will be sent to Gale automatically.
- US Mail or E-mail: Click the link in the tourney description to see the form, fill it in, and print or send it using the links in the form.
- Phone: Call Gale Kristof at 602.973.1135 (please try to use one of the above methods if you can to reduce the number of calls)
Link to full available tournament schedule
September 2016 LOD Doubles tournament
When: Friday Sep 16, 2016 to Sunday Sep 18, 2016. Matches will be played in the nighttime.
Entry Deadline: Saturday Sep 10, 2016
Entry fee: $20
Click here to access the Email/mail-in entry form for the September LOD tournament.
October 2016 CYOP Mixed Doubles tournament
When: Saturday Oct 15, 2016 to Sunday Oct 16, 2016. Matches will be played in the daytime.
Entry Deadline: Saturday Oct 8, 2016
Entry fee: $20
Click here to access the Email/mail-in entry form for the October CYOP tournament.
Final: Niles Jackson & Brian Jensen (1) def. Keith Cahill & Robert Lanier 6-3, 6-2
Semi-final: Niles Jackson & Brian Jensen (1) def. Chad Russell & Diego Samaniego 6-2, 4-6, 10-5
Semi-final: Keith Cahill & Robert Lanier def. John Denboer & Anthony Kayruz (2) 6-4, 7-64
Consolation: Nilo Baylon & Delaney Harbin def. Chad Kelley & Todd Sutton 6-0, 6-2
Final: Kristin Morgan & Heidi Nikodemus (1) def. Vanessa Bennett & Patty Medinger (2) 7-6, 6-4
Semi-final: Kristin Morgan & Heidi Nikodemus (1) def. Tina Bond & Kati Puhakainen 2-6, 6-4, 10-8
Semi-final: Vanessa Bennett & Patty Medinger (2) def. Heidi Gottschalk & Julie Meidam 6-1, 6-4
Consolation: Laura Bradley & Sara Inzerillo def. Heidi Gottschalk & Julie Meidam 6-1, 6-4
Final: Nathan Brelsford & Michael Wallace def. Jason Partney & Jon Westervelt (1) 6-4, 7-5
Semi-final: Nathan Brelsford & Michael Wallace def. Jeremy Loeb & David Mendelsohn (2) 7-5, 7-5
Semi-final: Jason Partney & Jon Westervelt (1) def. John Gottschalk & Michael Reichle 4-6, 6-4, 10-4
Consolation: Omar Garcia & Merce Gonzales def. Tom Fitsimones & Dennis Lysenka 6-3, 6-3
Final: Jessica Guaranda & Briana Prothero (2) def. ChristieAnne Stephens & Carmen Walker 7-6, 2-6, 11-9
Semi-final: Jessica Guaranda & Briana Prothero (2) def. Kate Holdsworth & Tracey Oppenheim 6-0, 4-6, 10-4
Semi-final: ChristieAnne Stephens & Carmen Walker def. Natasha Huzevka & Christine O'Hayre (1) 4-6, 6-4, 10-7
Consolation: Natasha Huzevka & Christine O'Hayre (1) def. Natalie Bergquist & Leslie Webb 6-3, 7-6
Final: Josh Burgett & Jason Lucas def. David Javier & Alex Pan (1) 6-0, 7-5
Semi-final: Josh Burgett & Jason Lucas def. David Jackson & Steve Krupanszky (3) 6-4, 6-2
Semi-final: David Javier & Alex Pan (1) def. Will Schreiber & Randy Zastrow (4) 4-6, 7-6, 10-3
Consolation: Jason McKinney & Yang Yu def. Eric Hunter & Jesus Monarrez 6-4, 6-0
Final: Akiko Ichimasa & Mieko Kimura def. Carolyn O'Brien & Mary Ellen O'Brien (1) 6-0, 7-5
Semi-final: Akiko Ichimasa & Mieko Kimura def. Anna Duffey & Sofia Sebesta (2) 6-0, 6-0
Semi-final: Carolyn O'Brien & Mary Ellen O'Brien (1) def. Rachel Brockway & Zach Wilde 7-5, 7-67
Consolation: Cathy Cimato & Jackie Cody def. Nancy Baker & Aileen Weir 6-3, 6-0
Final: Dan Lewis & Marcos Villaverde(2) def. Alan Chung & Mark Barry (1) 6-7, 6-3, 10-5
Semi-final: Dan Lewis & Marcos Villaverde(2) def. Felix Guzman & Dave Pool 6-1, 6-0
Semi-final: Alan Chung & Mark Barry (1) def. Bob Edenhofer & Bob Fincher 7-62, 6-4
Consolation: Bob Mandelbaum & Siva Mani def. Jeffrey Long & Hideto Tsujimura 6-3, 6-0
Final: Marrisa Francisco & Sunny Resch (1) def. Amy Cox & Julia Fitsimones 6-0, 6-2
Semi-final: Marrisa Francisco & Sunny Resch (1) def. Ollie Johnson & Marge Threewit 6-1, 6-2
Semi-final: Amy Cox & Julia Fitsimones def. Cindy Stoneman & Peggy Withrow (2) 6-3, 7-5
Consolation: Breanne Felton & Charmaine Russell def. Cindy Stoneman & Peggy Withrow (2) 6-2, 6-7, 10-4
To get a copy of: Friend At Court - The USTA Handbook of Tennis Rules and Regulations: click this link
Board Members (April 2016 to March 2017)Click here to open/close the list of board members
- Jade LeWin
- Gale Kristof
- Operations (Scheduling, Tournaments, Roster, Ranking...)
- Marrisa Francisco
- Vanessa Bennett
- Marge Threewit
- OPEN - Why not volunteer?
- Social Chairman
- Jack Romanowicz
- Web Master
- Dick Sheldon
- Awards & Trophies
- John Denboer
- A+ Men's Representative
- Patty Medinger
- A+ Women's Representative
- Jack Bruso
- A Men Representative
- Natalie Berquist
- A Women Representative
- Michael Mcdonald
- B Men Representative
- Christine Revolinski
- B Women Representative
- Lydell Francisco
- C Men Representative
- Kerry Loudenslagel
- C Women Representative
- New! The board member list below has been updated. Check out the vacancies & see if you'd like to volunteer. The obligations are not very onerous.