- New! Results for the November CYP tournament have been posted. See below and on the Results page.
- Newish! The results of the Oct CYOP Mixed tournament are below and on the Results page linked above.
- Newish! The members list is updated as of October 27th.
- Newish! Points earned by everyone thru the October tourney are found on the Points Listings page..
- Newish! The photos from the October tournament can be seen above and on the Photos page.
- Note: The Match Point Brochure and "How to Join" info sheet are updated as of Jan 20th, 2016 are available for download in PDF format. Use them for yourself or to help a friend learn about the benefits and mechanics of joining up!
- Note: The points leaders table in the sidebar has been removed pending a decision as to how to handle the A+/A divisions. The full points list is still available on the Points Listing page.
- Note: Definitions of the skill levels for the 4 divisions can be found here.
Please Note: If you aren't getting expected email from Match Point, check your spam folder. If it's in there, you should be able to tell your email client it's not spam. In Outlook, right-click on the email and select "Add sender to safe senders list" from the Junk E-mail sub-menu. In AOL or Netscape, select the email and click on the "Not spam" button.
- You must be a MatchPoint member to play in our tournaments See " How to Join" for the procedure and more information about the club.
- All tournaments are played at Phoenix Tennis Center, 6330 N. 21st Ave. Phoenix, Arizona 85015 (602) 249-3712
- To enter a tournament, do one of the following:
- Click here to pay your entry fees securely online using PayPal or your credit card. The information you fill in the PayPal form is your entry, and will be sent to Gale automatically.
- US Mail or E-mail: Click the link in the tourney description to see the form, fill it in, and print or send it using the links in the form.
- Phone: Call Gale Kristof at 602.973.1135 (please try to use one of the above methods if you can to reduce the number of calls)
Link to full available tournament schedule
December 2016 Singles tournament
When: Saturday Dec 10, 2016 to Sunday Dec 11, 2016. Matches will be played in the daytime.
Entry Deadline: Saturday Dec 3, 2016
Entry fee: $20
Click here to access the Email/mail-in entry form for the December Singles tournament.
NOVEMBER 12 & 13 Men's & Ladies' CYP DOUBLES
Final: Scott Ashley & Tim Rock def. Brian Johnson & Jeremy Loeb 6-3, 6-1
Semi-final: Scott Ashley & Tim Rock def. Nathan Brelsford & Michael Wallace (2) 7-6, 6-7, 10-8
Semi-final: Brian Johnson & Jeremy Loeb def. Paul Harbinson & Arun Lux (1) 6-4, 6-3
Consolation: Tom Fitsimones & Dennis Lysenka def. David Javier & Larry Sims 6-3, 5-7, 10-7
Final: ChristieAnne Stephens & Karzette Parham def. Beth Householder & Akiko Ichimasa 6-4, 2-6, 13-11
Semi-final: ChristieAnne Stephens & Karzette Parham def. Heidi Gottschalk & Jessica Guaranda (1) 7-6, 2-6, 10-4
Semi-final: Beth Householder & Akiko Ichimasa def. Christine O'Hayre & Carmen Walker (2) 6-2, 6-3
Consolation: Ann-Marie Lee & Linda Smith def. Pam Kinney & Sue Kodiene 6-4, 6-3
Final: Andrew McKelvy & Sam Phomsoukha def. Richard Kersh & Will Schreiber (2) 3-6, 6-3, 10-7
Semi-final: Andrew McKelvy & Sam Phomsoukha def. David Jackson & Dan Skultety (1) 6-4, 6-3
Semi-final: Richard Kersh & Will Schreiber (2) def. Michael McDonald & Peter Tan (3) 6-2, 6-3
Consolation: Richard Maisiak & Zbigniew Adamiec def. Miguel Serrano & Steve Krupanszky 4-6, 6-4, 10-3
Final: Anna Duffey & Sylvia Hamilton (1) def. Jean Abrams & Cindy Waters (2) 7-6, 5-7, 10-6
Semi-final: Anna Duffey & Sylvia Hamilton (1) def. Jacquie O'Neil & Joan Rovig 6-3, 6-1
Semi-final: Jean Abrams & Cindy Waters (2) def. Jeanie Abrams & Judy Bruggraaf 6-4, 6-2
Consolation: Angela Abbott & Allysen Rainier def. Jo Callahan & Liz Pemberton 6-4, 2-6, 10-4
Final: Bill Woodson & Bob Mandelbaum (1) def. Obi E. & Ron Turner (2) 6-4, 6-3
Semi-final: Bill Woodson & Bob Mandelbaum (1) def. Jeffrey Long & Hideto Tsujimura 6-3, 6-3
Semi-final: Obi E. & Ron Turner (2) def. Ron Parham & Vincent Walker 6-3, 4-6, 10-6
Consolation: Jared Mink & Pat Roth def. Felix Guzman & Gale Kristof 6-4, 6-2
Final: Peggy Jacobs & Cindy Stoneman def. Jessie Li & Chandra Shanklin 6-7, 6-0, 10-4
Semi-final: Peggy Jacobs & Cindy Stoneman def. Susan Rose & Sherri Van Leer (2) 4-6, 6-4, 10-4
Semi-final: Jessie Li & Chandra Shanklin def. Shannon Carter & Julia Fitsimones (1) 7-5, 6-4
Consolation: Diana Bible &Adriene Tabar def. Cheryl Sharpe & Melanie Rowe 6-2, 6-1
To get a copy of: Friend At Court - The USTA Handbook of Tennis Rules and Regulations: click this link
Board Members (April 2016 to March 2017)Click here to open/close the list of board members
- Jade LeWin
- Gale Kristof
- Operations (Scheduling, Tournaments, Roster, Ranking...)
- Marrisa Francisco
- Vanessa Bennett
- Marge Threewit
- Jack Romanowicz
- Web Master
- Dick Sheldon
- Awards & Trophies
- John Denboer
- A+ Men's Representative
- Patty Medinger
- A+ Women's Representative
- Jack Bruso
- A Men Representative
- Natalie Berquist
- A Women Representative
- Michael Mcdonald
- B Men Representative
- Christine Revolinski
- B Women Representative
- Lydell Francisco
- C Men Representative
- Kerry Loudenslagel
- C Women Representative
- New! The board member list below has been updated. Check out the vacancies & see if you'd like to volunteer. The obligations are not very onerous.