- New! Results for the March Doubles tournament have been posted. See below and on the Results page..
- New! The members list is updated as of December 20th.
- New! Points earned by everyone thru the December tourney are found on the Points Listings page..
- Newish! The photos from the October tournament can be seen above and on the Photos page.
- Note: The Match Point Brochure and "How to Join" info sheet are updated as of Jan 20th, 2016 are available for download in PDF format. Use them for yourself or to help a friend learn about the benefits and mechanics of joining up!
- Note: The points leaders table in the sidebar has been removed pending a decision as to how to handle the A+/A divisions. The full points list is still available on the Points Listing page.
- Note: Definitions of the skill levels for the 4 divisions can be found here.
Please Note: If you aren't getting expected email from Match Point, check your spam folder. If it's in there, you should be able to tell your email client it's not spam. In Outlook, right-click on the email and select "Add sender to safe senders list" from the Junk E-mail sub-menu. In AOL or Netscape, select the email and click on the "Not spam" button.
- You must be a MatchPoint member to play in our tournaments See "How to Join" for the procedure and more information about the club.
- All tournaments are played at Phoenix Tennis Center, 6330 N. 21st Ave. Phoenix, Arizona 85015 (602) 249-3712
- To enter a tournament, do one of the following:
- Click here to pay your entry fees securely online using PayPal or your credit card. The information you fill in the PayPal form is your entry, and will be sent to Gale automatically.
- US Mail or E-mail: Click the link in the tourney description to see the form, fill it in, and print or send it using the links in the form.
- Phone: Call Gale Kristof at 602.973.1135 (please try to use one of the above methods if you can to reduce the number of calls)
Link to full available tournament schedule
April 2017 LOD Mixed Doubles tournament
When: Friday Apr 28, 2017 to Monday Nov 30, -1. Matches will be played in the nighttime.
Entry Deadline: Saturday Apr 22, 2017
Entry fee: $20.00
Click here to access the Email/mail-in entry form for the April LOD tournament.
May 2017 LOD Doubles tournament
When: Friday May 19, 2017 to Sunday May 21, 2017. Matches will be played in the nighttime.
Entry Deadline: Saturday May 13, 2017
Entry fee: $20.00
Click here to access the Email/mail-in entry form for the May LOD tournament.
MATCH POINT TENNIS CLUB
MARCH 4 & 5, 2017 Men’s & Ladies’ DOUBLES
Final: Diego Samaniego & PJ Marranca (1) def. Chad Kelley & Eric Lyding 6-1, 6-3
Semi-final: Diego Samaniego & PJ Marranca (1) def. Randy Blanchard & Alan Peto 6-4, 6-2
Semi-final: Chad Kelley & Eric Lyding def. John Denboer & PJ Rimstad (2) 6-4, 6-2
Consolation: John Denboer & PJ Rimstad (2) def. Nilo Baylon & Carl Behring 7-5, 6-7, 10-6
Final: Vanessa Bennett & Patty Medinger (2) def. Karen Wasser Taylor & Kristin Morgan (1) 1-6, 6-4, 10-7
Semi-final: Vanessa Bennett & Patty Medinger (2) def. Laura Bradley & Sara Inzerillo 6-1, 6-0
Semi-final: Karen Wasser Taylor & Kristin Morgan (1) def. Wendy Buzzard & Lisa Mercier 6-3, 6-3
Consolation: Wendy Buzzard & Lisa Mercier def. Heidi Gottschalk & Sheena Perry 6-0, 6-0
A Men: Four Team Round-Robin
First Place: Nathan Brelsford & Carlos Rivas 3-0
Second Place: David Javier & Jason McKinney 2-1
Final: Jade LeWin & Kristy Miller (2) def. Briana Prothero & Imee Arocan (1) 7-6(3), 7-6(2)
Semi-final: Jade LeWin & Kristy Miller (2) def. Ana Bates & Carmen Walker 6-4, 6-2
Semi-final: Briana Prothero & Imee Arocan (1) def. Karzette Parham & ChristiAnne Stephens 6-0, 6-3
Consolation: Makiko Brandon & Barbara White def. Rachel Brockway & Shelby Payne 7-5, 7-6(4)
Final: David Jackson & Dan Skultety (1) def. Yaman Negi & Shyam Vadigi 6-1. 3-6, 10-8
Semi-final: David Jackson & Dan Skultety (1) def. Jorge Soto & Ketan Marballi 6-2, 6-4
Semi-final: Yaman Negi & Shyam Vadigi def. Matt Parker & Hayden Kirschbaum 7-6, 3-6, 10-5
Consolation: Jason Lucas & Josh Burgett def. Dale Cox & Peter Tan 6-3, 3-6, 10-5
Final: Denise Donaldson & Lori Youngdahl (1) def. Jenny Clark & Corinna Repucci (2) 6-2, 6-4
Semi-final: Denise Donaldson & Lori Youngdahl (1) def. Nisa Herd & Sunny Resch 6-1, 6-3
Semi-final: Jenny Clark & Corinna Repucci (2) def. Cathy Mikkelson & Aileen Weir 6-1, 6-0
Consolation: Cathy Cimato & Angela Abbott def. Aileen Weir & Cathy Mikkelson 6-2, 6-1
Final: Mark Barry & Bob Mandelbaum (2) def. Dennis Cardoza & Bill Woodson 4-6, 7-5, 10-5
Semi-final: Mark Barry & Bob Mandelbaum (2) def. Ron Parham & Matt Newson 6-3, 6-4
Semi-final: Dennis Cardoza & Bill Woodson def. David Pool & John Chapman (2) 6-2, 6-2
Consolation: Cal Peters & John Peters def. Zachary Cecil & Connor Koenig 6-2, 6-0
Final: Adrienne Tabar & Diana Bible (2) def. Susan Rose & Rachel Speliopoulos 3-6, 6-3, 10-3
Semi-final: Adrienne Tabar & Diana Bible (2) def. Cheryl Sharpe & Cheryl Griemsmann 6-4, 6-4
Semi-final: Susan Rose & Rachel Speliopoulos def. Marissa Fransciso & Sherri van Leer (1) 6-4, 6-3
Consolation: Janice Simms & Kelly Snider def. Amy Cox & Bev Cassata 4-6, 6-4, 10-2
To get a copy of: Friend At Court - The USTA Handbook of Tennis Rules and Regulations: click this link
Board Members (April 2016 to March 2017)Click here to open/close the list of board members
- Jade LeWin
- Gale Kristof
- Operations (Scheduling, Tournaments, Roster, Ranking...)
- Marrisa Francisco
- Vanessa Bennett
- Marge Threewit
- Jack Romanowicz
- Web Master
- Dick Sheldon
- Awards & Trophies
- John Denboer
- A+ Men's Representative
- Patty Medinger
- A+ Women's Representative
- Jack Bruso
- A Men Representative
- Natalie Berquist
- A Women Representative
- Michael Mcdonald
- B Men Representative
- Christine Revolinski
- B Women Representative
- Lydell Francisco
- C Men Representative
- Kerry Loudenslagel
- C Women Representative
- New! The board member list below has been updated. Check out the vacancies & see if you'd like to volunteer. The obligations are not very onerous.