- New! The results for the September tourney and final results for the August tourney can be found below and in the Results page.
- New! The members list is updated as of September 9th.
- Newish! Points earned by everyone thru the July tourney are found on the Points Listings page..
- Newish! The photos from the July tournament can be seen above and on the Photos page.
- Still need a volunteer! There's one more vacancy on the Board -- Social Chairman.
- Note: The Match Point Brochure and "How to Join" info sheet are updated as of Jan 20th, 2016 are available for download in PDF format. Use them for yourself or to help a friend learn about the benefits and mechanics of joining up!
- Note: The points leaders table in the sidebar has been removed pending a decision as to how to handle the A+/A divisions. The full points list is still available on the Points Listing page.
- Note: Definitions of the skill levels for the 4 divisions can be found here.
Please Note: If you aren't getting expected email from Match Point, check your spam folder. If it's in there, you should be able to tell your email client it's not spam. In Outlook, right-click on the email and select "Add sender to safe senders list" from the Junk E-mail sub-menu. In AOL or Netscape, select the email and click on the "Not spam" button.
- You must be a MatchPoint member to play in our tournaments See " How to Join" for the procedure and more information about the club.
- All tournaments are played at Phoenix Tennis Center, 6330 N. 21st Ave. Phoenix, Arizona 85015 (602) 249-3712
- To enter a tournament, do one of the following:
- Click here to pay your entry fees securely online using PayPal or your credit card. The information you fill in the PayPal form is your entry, and will be sent to Gale automatically.
- US Mail or E-mail: Click the link in the tourney description to see the form, fill it in, and print or send it using the links in the form.
- Phone: Call Gale Kristof at 602.973.1135 (please try to use one of the above methods if you can to reduce the number of calls)
Link to full available tournament schedule
October 2016 CYOP Mixed Doubles tournament
When: Saturday Oct 15, 2016 to Sunday Oct 16, 2016. Matches will be played in the daytime.
Entry Deadline: Saturday Oct 8, 2016
Entry fee: $20
Click here to access the Email/mail-in entry form for the October CYOP tournament.
November 2016 CYOP Doubles tournament
When: Saturday Nov 12, 2016 to Sunday Nov 13, 2016. Matches will be played in the daytime.
Entry Deadline: Saturday Nov 5, 2016
Entry fee: $20
Click here to access the Email/mail-in entry form for the November CYOP tournament.
LOD Mixed Doubles (Final results) August, 2016
Final: Wendy Moyer & Adam Newman: def. Patty Medinger & Allan Peto 6-3, 6-0
Semifinal: Patty Medinger & Allan Peto def. Brittany Robinson & Chad Kelley (1) 6-4, 7-62
Semifinal: Wendy Moyer & Adam Newman def. Emiko Hosoya & Eric Lyding 6-2, 6-3
Consolation final: Charo Deglane & Nilo Baylon def. Kim Dever & Adam Eklund 6-3, 0-6, 10-4
Final: Christine OHayre & Chris Campbell def. ChristiAnne Stephens & Michael Reichle (1) 3-6, 6-4, 10-8
Semifinal: ChristiAnne Stephens & Michael Reichle (1) def. Margaret Christie & Larry Sims 7-5, 6-4
Semifinal: Christine OHayre & Chris Campbell def. Leslie Webb & Jack Bruso (2) 6-2, 6-3
Consolation final: Jessy Guaranda & David Javier vs. Aleksandra Buha & David Maples no play, draw
Final: Christine Revolinski & David Jackson (1) def. Cindy Waters & Aditya Nambiar (3) 6-2, 3-6, 17-15
Semifinal: Christine Revolinski & David Jackson (1) def. Lydia Schaefer & Jason Lucas 3-6, 6-1, 10-7
Semifinal: Cindy Waters & Aditya Nambiar (3) def. Pam Kinney & Michael McDonald (2) 6-3, 7-5
Con final: Bobbye DePaul & Keith Faber def. Stephanie Washburn & Steve Krupanszky 3-6, 6-3, 10-6
Final: Rachel Speliopoulos & Obi E. def. Cindy Stoneman & Marcos Villaverde (2) 4-6, 7-6, 11-9
Semifinal: Rachel Speliopoulos & Obi E. de, Julia Fitsimones & Hideto Tsujimura 6-1, 6-2
Semifinal: Cindy Stoneman & Marcos Villaverde (2) def. Marge Threewit & David Pool 7-63, 7-5
Consolation final: Cheryl Sharpe & Josh Burgett (4) vs. Ellen Gromer & Dennis Cardoza (3) 6-1, 6-1
SEPTEMBER 16, 17 & 18 Men’s & Ladies’ LOD DOUBLES
A & A+ Men:
Final: Eric Lyding & Dennis Lysenka def. Paul Harbinson & Mike Reichle (2) 6-0, 6-2
Semi-Final: Eric Lyding & Dennis Lysenka def. Nilo Baylon & Chris Campbell (1) 6-3, 6-1
Semi-Final: Paul Harbinson & Mike Reichle (2) def. Tom Fitsimones & Jeff McMichael 7-6(8), 6-3
Consolation final: Nilo Baylon & Chris Campbell (1) def. John Gottschalk & Allan Peto 6-2, 1-6, 10-6
A & A+ Women:
Final: Julie Meidam & Jessica Guaranda def. Aleksandra Buha & Margaret Christie 6-2, 3-6, 10-6
Semi-Final: Julie Meidam & Jessica Guaranda def. Laura Bradley & Kristy Miller (1) 7-6, 6-2
Semi-Final: Aleksandra Buha & Margaret Christie def. Patty Medinger & Christine Revolinski 6-4, 6-2
Consolation final: Laura Bradley & Kristy Miller (1) def. Karen Archuleta & Karzette Parham 6-4, 6-4
Final: Mike Locher & Dan Skultety (2) def. Richard Kersh & Richard West (4) 7-6, 2-6, 11-9
Semi-Final: Locher & Dan Skultety (2) def. Peter Tan & Randy Zastrow (3) 2-6, 6-2, 10-5
Semi-Final: Richard Kersh & Richard West (4) def. Dale Cox & Steve Krupanszky 7-6, 6-3
Consolation final: Michael McDonald & Will Schreiber (1) def. David Jackson & Dan Lewis 7-6, 4-6, 10-4
Final: Stephanie Washburn & Cindy Waters def. Lydia Schaefer & Aileen Weir 6-3, 7-62
Semi-Final: Stephanie Washburn & Cindy Waters def. Sofia Sebesta & Stacie White (1) 6-1, 6-0
Semi-Final: Lydia Schaefer & Aileen Weir def. Anna Duffey & Corinna Repucci (2) 6-4, 7-5
Consolation final:Anna Duffey & Corrina Repucci (2) def. Sofia Sebesta & Stacie White (1) 7-5, 2-6, 11-9
Final: Bob Edenhofer & Siva Mani (2) def. Josh Burgett & Jared Mink (1) 6-2, 7-6
Semi-final: Bob Edenhofer & Siva Mani (2) def. Dave Pool & Pat Roth 4-2, retire
Semi-final: Josh Burgett & Jared Mink (1) def. Gay King & Obi E. 7-5, 6-0
Consolation: Zachary Cecil & David Dek def. Dave Pool & Pat Roth injury default
Final: Shannon Carter & Sherri VanLeer def. Rachel Speliopoulos & Adrienne Tabar (2) 3-6, 7-6, 10-3
Semi-final: Shannon Carter & Sherri VanLeer def. Rita Barnes & Cindy Stoneman (1) 0-6, 6-2, 10-3
Semi-final: Rachel Speliopoulos & Adrienne Tabar (2) def. Morrie Gentry & Kerry Loudenslagel 6-4, 7-5
Consolation: Rita Barnes & Cindy Stoneman (1) def. Amy Cox & Julia Fitsimones 7-5, 6-2
To get a copy of: Friend At Court - The USTA Handbook of Tennis Rules and Regulations: click this link
Board Members (April 2016 to March 2017)Click here to open/close the list of board members
- Jade LeWin
- Gale Kristof
- Operations (Scheduling, Tournaments, Roster, Ranking...)
- Marrisa Francisco
- Vanessa Bennett
- Marge Threewit
- OPEN - Why not volunteer?
- Social Chairman
- Jack Romanowicz
- Web Master
- Dick Sheldon
- Awards & Trophies
- John Denboer
- A+ Men's Representative
- Patty Medinger
- A+ Women's Representative
- Jack Bruso
- A Men Representative
- Natalie Berquist
- A Women Representative
- Michael Mcdonald
- B Men Representative
- Christine Revolinski
- B Women Representative
- Lydell Francisco
- C Men Representative
- Kerry Loudenslagel
- C Women Representative
- New! The board member list below has been updated. Check out the vacancies & see if you'd like to volunteer. The obligations are not very onerous.