- New! Results for the December Singles tournament have been posted. See below and on the Results page..
- New! The members list is updated as of December 20th.
- New! Points earned by everyone thru the December tourney are found on the Points Listings page..
- Newish! The photos from the October tournament can be seen above and on the Photos page.
- Note: The Match Point Brochure and "How to Join" info sheet are updated as of Jan 20th, 2016 are available for download in PDF format. Use them for yourself or to help a friend learn about the benefits and mechanics of joining up!
- Note: The points leaders table in the sidebar has been removed pending a decision as to how to handle the A+/A divisions. The full points list is still available on the Points Listing page.
- Note: Definitions of the skill levels for the 4 divisions can be found here.
Please Note: If you aren't getting expected email from Match Point, check your spam folder. If it's in there, you should be able to tell your email client it's not spam. In Outlook, right-click on the email and select "Add sender to safe senders list" from the Junk E-mail sub-menu. In AOL or Netscape, select the email and click on the "Not spam" button.
- You must be a MatchPoint member to play in our tournaments See "How to Join" for the procedure and more information about the club.
- All tournaments are played at Phoenix Tennis Center, 6330 N. 21st Ave. Phoenix, Arizona 85015 (602) 249-3712
- To enter a tournament, do one of the following:
- Click here to pay your entry fees securely online using PayPal or your credit card. The information you fill in the PayPal form is your entry, and will be sent to Gale automatically.
- US Mail or E-mail: Click the link in the tourney description to see the form, fill it in, and print or send it using the links in the form.
- Phone: Call Gale Kristof at 602.973.1135 (please try to use one of the above methods if you can to reduce the number of calls)
Link to full available tournament schedule
March 2017 CYOP Doubles tournament
When: Saturday Mar 4, 2017 to Sunday Mar 5, 2017. Matches will be played in the daytime.
Entry Deadline: Saturday Feb 25, 2017
Entry fee: $20.00
Click here to access the Email/mail-in entry form for the March CYOP tournament.
March 2017 Singles tournament
When: Saturday Mar 25, 2017 to Sunday Mar 26, 2017. Matches will be played in the daytime.
Entry Deadline: Saturday Mar 18, 2017
Entry fee: $20.00
Click here to access the Email/mail-in entry form for the March Singles tournament.
CYOP Mixed Doubles
A+ Division: Round-Robin
First: Lisa Mercier & Nilo Baylon
Second: Wendy Moyer & Diego Samaniego
Deciding Match: Lisa Mercier & Nilo Baylon def. Wendy Moyer & Diego Samaniego 4-6, 7-6, 11-9 (tiebreak)
Final: Yoko Takahashi & Sumihisa Masuda vs. Rachel Brockway & Nathan Brelsford Match time to be scheduled
Semifinal: Yoko Takahashi & Sumihisa Masuda def. Lori Youngdahl & Darryl Jaquess 6-2, 7-6
Semifinal: Rachel Brockway & Nathan Brelsford def. Jodi Jarrell & Erick Ottoson 7-6, 6-4
Consolation final: Katie Holdsworth & David Javier def. Karzette Parham & Michael Koshis 3-6, 7-6, 10-8 (tiebreak)
Final: Jean Abrams & Chuck Abrams def. Stephanie Washburn & Steve Krupanszky (2) 6-2. 6-3
Semifinal: Jean Abrams & Chuck Abrams def. Liz Therrien & Arun T. (1) 6-3, 6-3
Semifinal: Stephanie Washburn & Steve Krupanszky (2) def. Jacquie O’Neil & Andre Zenda 6-2, 6-3
Consolation final: Sofia Sebesta & Balu J. def. Aileen Weir & Randy Zastrow (4) 6-1, 4-6, 10-3 (tiebreak)
Final: Maria Starkweather & Bill Starkweather vs. Jenny Clark & John Mack Match time to be scheduled
Semifinal: Maria Starkweather & Bill Starkweather def. Angela Abbott & Pete Chun (1) 6-4, 6-2
Semifinal: Jenny Clark & John Mack def. Lorie McKinney & Jason McKinney 6-7, 6-3, 11-9 (tiebreak)
Consolation final: Mary Ellen O’Brien & Will Schreiber (3) def. Anna Duffey & Lance Parr (4) 6-4, 6-2
Final: Cheryl Griemsmann & Matt Parker def. Jessie Li & Marcos Villaverde (3) 7-65, 6-2
Semifinal: Cheryl Griemsmann & Matt Parker def. Joan Vogel & Bill Woodson (4) 3-6, 6-1, 10-8 (tiebreak)
Semifinal: Jessie Li & Marcos Villaverde (3) def. Ingrid Van Hofwegen & Don Van Hofwegen 6-3, 6-4
Consolation final: Nisa Herd & Bob Kirby def. Maddie Liseblad & Obi E. (2) 6-3, 2-6, 10-7 (tiebreak)
To get a copy of: Friend At Court - The USTA Handbook of Tennis Rules and Regulations: click this link
Board Members (April 2016 to March 2017)Click here to open/close the list of board members
- Jade LeWin
- Gale Kristof
- Operations (Scheduling, Tournaments, Roster, Ranking...)
- Marrisa Francisco
- Vanessa Bennett
- Marge Threewit
- Jack Romanowicz
- Web Master
- Dick Sheldon
- Awards & Trophies
- John Denboer
- A+ Men's Representative
- Patty Medinger
- A+ Women's Representative
- Jack Bruso
- A Men Representative
- Natalie Berquist
- A Women Representative
- Michael Mcdonald
- B Men Representative
- Christine Revolinski
- B Women Representative
- Lydell Francisco
- C Men Representative
- Kerry Loudenslagel
- C Women Representative
- New! The board member list below has been updated. Check out the vacancies & see if you'd like to volunteer. The obligations are not very onerous.