As of January 1, 2022 Match Point is not collecting membership dues. Everyone pays the same price. Should that change, an email will go out and this page will be updated. Info below is for future reference.
- The Match Point year is a calendar year, January through December.
- Membership fee is $20, paid via PayPal.
- Membership is but is pro-rated when joining mid-year. PayPal will reflect the pro-rated fees.
- Memberships end following the December Tournament.
- Persons may join or re-join at any time.
- Membership and tournament fees can be paid together via PayPal.
- If you are a renewing member, you need only give your name(s) and any information that has changed.
MPTC offers five types of tournaments: (only one type each month)
- Choose Your Own Partner Doubles (CYOPD)
- Luck Of the Draw Doubles (LODD) A partner is randomly selected for you in your division.
- Choose Your Own Partner Mixed (CYOPM)
- Luck Of the Draw Mixed (LODM)
There are three women’s divisions and three men’s divisions: A, B, and C. Approximate NTRP Ratings would be 4.0 and higher, 3.5 and 3.0 respectively. After we receive your request to join the club, you will be contacted by a board member to discuss your level of play. If you have a USTA rating or play regularly with a current member of Match Point, these factors will be considered as well.
Tournaments are played on the weekends. Day tournaments are held in the fall and winter and summer tournaments (May-September) are played at night. You are guaranteed at least two matches per tournament. If you lose your first round you then play in the consolation side of the tournament. Awards are given to the winners and runners-up of the regular tournament and to the winners of the consolation side.
- You must be 18 years or older to belong to the club.
- The club calendar starts January 1st and ends December 31st. New members are accepted at any time during the year. One must be a member to play tournaments.
- There is a $20.00 annual fee to belong to the club, pro-rated for those joining mid-year.
- Tournament entry fees cover court costs, balls, awards given, and lights (if required)
- Regular emails are used to keep members informed of Match Point activities. They provide tournament entry details, tournament results, and general information for the members.
- A club roster with telephone numbers and email addresses of all members is available on our website to find partners or for casual play. The website also contains tournament entry forms, a list of board members, club rules, and by-laws plus a tournament schedule for the year, One can pay with credit/debit card on the website using PayPal. Only cash or checks are accepted at the tournament desk on the day of the tournament.
- Members are expected to play at least four tournaments each year.